Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Wedding ... But You Want To Be in WHITE?

I always hear stories from grown women about how they always dreamed of their fairy tale wedding. Well, I must admit I never really pictured myself ever getting married. I was the type a guy can invite to accompany him to wedding and would not get any ideas from it. Whereas, you have women out there who are just fascinated by the idea. A guy takes them and later he cannot breathe without being pressured about getting engaged or how big THEIR wedding will turn out.

Although, I never dreamt of getting married it was apart of God's plan for me. After being engaged for approximately one year, I took heed of wedding planning fascination. Well, ... that was up until my... let's just say she's my biggest admirer attempted to ruin it all. She had the audacity to tell me that at my wedding the guest will not know who's the bride; me or her. I kind of threw up in my mouth not only because of the blood relations, but, also, for the thought of that being said just made me sick to my stomach. She was even proud to inform me that she will be losing weight and her DRESS will be flawless...lol. From my understanding she had already walked down the aisle, but that situation didn't last. I can honestly say I know why it didn't.

It's MY WEDDING, but you want to be in WHITE? Totally inappropriate right? Why would anyone want to wear white to someone else's wedding? Or better yet, why would anyone woman try to out shine the soon-to-be bride? She should instantly becoming a dis-invited guest? Apparently she need some attention she seems to be trying any and everything to get me off my square? All of these questions and then some maybe crossing your mind right. But for me ... I simply just laugh at clowns. That's what they get paid for right, to make a fool of themselves. It's all good though. If I were in her shoes I'll hate on me too...lol.

*********************************************************************************

The reference to another woman wearing white at your wedding could be interpreted into her wanting to still your shine. I had my wedding and I had always seen myself getting married. At age 21 not so much but thats how my cards played out and I love the hand I was dealt.

I didn't have anyone threatening to outshine me at my wedding but I did have the Peanut Gallery trying to put their wedding wishes in my wedding because they KNEW theirs was NEVER going to happen!

I had it all planned. I wouldn't be a Bridezilla, I chose women who were financially capable to participate in my wedding .. I gave due dates to when certain items needed to be purchased. I thought I did fine. I chose flattering dresses so that no matter what the size no one looked a mess. It was my wedding I was doing it the way I wanted to.

I started having complaints about how people didn't like that they had to have their hair up or that they had to wear flat shoes. Well over the going months I changed my mind due to the look I was planning for myself. So since my hair was going to be up ... Bridesmaids received text messages that their hair would be down. Since the dresses came back much longer than expected ... Bridesmaids received texts stating that now they would be in heels. I'd heard the "Flats? I want to wear heels" and "Wear my hair up? My neck is too long!" Those statements then turned to "Heels? Im too tall for heels!" and "I don't like how my hair looks when it's down!"

I started to feel as if may be just may be i was being fucked messed with. I had informed my whole wedding party of ALL of the goings ons of the wedding to where people were reminding me of things! I tried to handle all problems while they were just starting so that nothing got big. But this one problem seemed to feel that everything was going TOO WELL. So thats when EVERY little thing became a big issue.

I started to feel as if the circle of people I'd chosen to be main parts in the wedding started to break and it was all because someone hadn't seen any problems go on and wanted to start them.

Needless to say that problem was eliminated and my wedding day went as planned.

Even though this problem wasn't as bold as my sister's threatening to where white and blatantly expressing how "sure" they were that someone would mistake her as the Bride. My problem was trying to be a threat the whole wedding process with all the bitching complaining that was going on. And thought that maybe just maybe if I'd done my wedding the way she wish her's would go that she would possibly stand out more as the brains behind the operations.

It's okay though! Because MY BIG DAY went off without a problem and Big Sister Grenade so will yours .... Mother Grenade will definitely make sure of it! Just as she did mine.*wink*

SOUND OFF!

2 comments:

Joselyn "Jay" Crout said...

I believe that your wedding was beautiful!! I really enjoyed myself and I would do it all again the same way!! Lol N the part about "someone else wearing white" that would be crazy. It was your big day not theirs. You did good cause I would have went the hell off!! Lol But then again "clowns" are.funny!! Lol I want to get married. I guess it was one of my dreams too. But through it all you held your composure with "clowns" in all lol. N S.I.L. Can't wait until your big day!! Love you guys!! :-)

crunknpeachy said...

TO SISTER GRENADES ONE: 1) It's MY WEDDING, but you want to be in WHITE? maybe off white or something similar to the wedding colors not white because from understanding white means that your are virgin im pretty sure the other woman is not a virgin so she should did with it...If I was u i would say the only person wearing white is an angel and if u aint one then u cant do... hehehehe
2)Totally inappropriate right? yes, only you if say that you can wear white then its acceptable
3)Why would anyone want to wear white to someone else's wedding? To show that they are the boss, the queen. 4)why would anyone woman try to out shine the soon-to-be bride?to be in control more like look at what I can do.